[sw-l] About Deaf School in Condega, Nicaragua

Heinz Lucille lucilleheinz at YAHOO.DE
Mon May 30 15:50:27 UTC 2005

I read a lot in Internet about the James and Judy Shepard-Kegl’ School in Condega.

I went to visit it very happy 3 years ago, for my studies and me I found a called School Roberto Clark that is in location of The Pipitos of Condega. I asked about the school founded by James and Judy Shepard-Kegl. All the people I consulted told me that that school never existed. I was not very happy and I asked in The Pipitos Condega about the James and Judy’s deaf school and they told me that such a school never existed.

I was not happy still and I went to Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport (MECD) of Condega, the authority in Education. I insisted on knowing the address in Condega of the James and Judy’ school. In the MECD they revised documentation and they told me that the school has never existed.

I was very disappointed because I realized that all James says is false.

In these months I returned to Nicaragua, Condega, and I read the emails about the concern of James because to the deaf children are relegated and they are prevented to use their signs. I knew the James’ school does not exist in Condega, and I was terrified by his accusations about an audiologist. I have more than enough I was again and I investigated this.

And again, all James says is false. There is not audiologist in The Pipitos. I saw very happy deaf children, with many signs and they go every day to classes in the School “Roberto Clark."

I wonder why James publishes in Internet FALSE things; if he wants publicity he should make the things with truth and not to harm. He should not deceive those that do not know that place of Nicaragua, Condega. He should not make people to say without knowing what really happens in Condega.

I found something completely different to James publishes. I took pictures and movies of the deaf children.