[sw-l] POLAND ...symbol for opening eyes?

Thu May 5 17:26:53 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
May 5, 2005

Lucyna Dlugolecka in Poland wrote:
> Is there in the IMWA a symbol for opening eyes? I mean an eye symbol
> on the face to use with a sign for WAKE-UP.

In this diagram, look at the second sign down from the top, in the
second column...That is the ASL sign for WAKE UP, and the eyes do open.
Notice that I did not write the open-eye-movement, but just showed the
beginning position of the eyes (closed), and then the next sign has
eyegaze up-diagonal, so clearly the eyes did open between the two
signs...so I assumed the reader would know the eyes opened...that is
how we have gotten around not having an eye-open-movement symbol
before...do you feel I should add one to the IMWA?...