[sw-l] SPAIN...SIGNWRITER JAVA tech support

Tue May 10 18:40:50 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
May 10, 2005

> Eloy Lobato Alvarez from Spain wrote:
>> How could I convert all ours DOS 4.4 signs to 5.0 Java Version?

Eloy and List Members-
I now notice that your message mentioned BOTH SignWriter DOS 4.3 and
4.4, so I guess you are using 4.4? That is good. Only use the 4.4
files, when trying to convert to SignWriter Java. And you do not need a
special conversion program...Converting 4.4 files to SignWriter Java is
easy...it is built into the program, just as long as you rename the
files to be lower case letters....no upper case letters, and place the
files in your SignWriter Java folder...Here are instructions. Try this,
and then write again to tell us if it worked for you, plus I have more
to tell you next message...

HOW TO CONVERT SIGNWRITER DOS 4.4 SGN FILES TO SIGNWRITER JAVA

1. In SignWriter DOS 4.4, files are usually named with upper case
letters, like this:

HELLO.SGN
WELCOME.SGN
VERBS.SGN

2. Move those 4.4 files to your SignWriter Java folder.

3. Inside your SignWriter Java folder, rename the files to lower case
letters, before starting SignWriter Java.
Every file in your SignWriter Java folder should be lower case letters,
like this:

hello.sgn
welcome.sgn
verbs.sgn

4. Start the SignWriter Java program.

5. Under File, choose Open, and open the file you want to convert. It
should convert to SignWriter Java....continued next message...