[sw-l] Using the SW Convert java program.

Thu May 12 13:22:02 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
May 12, 2005

Eloy Lobato Alvarez from Spain wrote:
> Yes! Now I can execute DOS SW 4.4 under Windows XP with DOS Bos 0.63
> emulator. All works perfect, but I can't print. Do you now how I have
> to configure this program to print? We're working in Spain with Steve
> and Dianne. I think that we will see you next time if you come to our
> country.

---------------------

Hello SW List members, and Eloy!
This is great news. We both must thank Stefan Woehrmann for mentioning
DOS Box, which I do not know how to use very well...I work on a
Macintosh computer, and now because of other programs such as
SignPuddle, SignWriter Java and SignBank, I do not work on Windows any
longer, and I prefer that...

I am sorry I do not know how to print with DOS Box. Stefan, can you
help us with this?...Or perhaps your printing problems are within the
SignWriter program itself, and not a DOS Box problem? I will write
again with general printing information for SignWriter DOS...

I also sent you information on how to use SignWriter Java...I hope you
saw that instruction too?...Unfortunately SignWriter Java doesn't print
either....that is why I prefer working in other ways...I combine
SignBank and SignPuddle with other programs, such as Microsoft Word
etc...to get full SignWriting documents...until these problems are
solved with SignWriter, I prefer that route..but everyone is
different...

I will be telephoning Steve and Dianne Parkhurst in Spain today...we
have a scheduled appointment by telephone...so it is nice to meet you
too, Eloy! And I will tell them of our conversations on the List...

And I would love to visit Spain, however, because of health problems, I
have been unable to travel for the past 10 years. So I cannot come to
Spain. BUT....Eloy, can you attend the First European SignWriting
Symposium in Brussels?

To attend the Symposium, you will need to register. Go to this web page:

First European SignWriting Symposium
http://www.SignWriting.org/symposium/2005