[sw-l] Java Stack Trace of Signwriter Tiger

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM
Mon May 16 23:11:48 UTC 2005

On Mon, 16 May 2005, Bill Reese <wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM> wrote:

> I have specifically avoided the JDK as the JRE is more likely to be
> installed on a machine, if at all.

You might be right. But in the end using the JDK rather than JRE jvm
doesn't make a significant difference on Linux. Almost identical stack
trace except that the name of final method being overridden is different.

Now to do what Lars Majewsk and download/recompile the source code. But to
debug the Linux version I have to do that anyway.

> Bill
>

> Trevor Jenkins wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 16 May 2005, Bill Reese <wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM> wrote:
> >

> >> java -jar signwriterTiger_alpha01.jar
> >>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: class
> >>signwriter.abc.SymbolProperty overrides final method ²?*??(+    .??ß*??(+!!
> >>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
> >>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
> >>        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
> >>        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
> >>        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
> >>        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
> >>        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> >>        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
> >>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> >>        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> >>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> >>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
> >>        at signwriter.abc.impl.AlphabetImpl.<clinit>(AlphabetImpl.java:15)
> >>        at
> >>signwriter.abc.impl.DelegatedFactory.loadAlphabet(DelegatedFactory.java:20)
> >>        at signwriter.abc.Factory.loadAlphabet(Factory.java:33)
> >>        at signwriter.display.SignWriterTiger.main(SignWriterTiger.java:279)
> >>

> >That's exactly the stack trace I get on Linux. I'm using the jvm from JRE
> >5.0 rather than the jvm from the equivalent JDK version. (Sun has made it
> >very difficult to find the JDK versions hiding them somewhere other than
> >downloads.) Having now found where the JDK 5.0R3 edition is hidden I will
> >download that and check if the behaviour is any different. Also have time
> >in my diary to fix the Linux issues.
> >
> >Regards, Trevor
> >
> ><>< Re: deemed!

Regards, Trevor