AW: [sw-l] FLEMISH Translation Goldilocks Level 3

Wed May 18 20:54:37 UTC 2005

Hi Kathleen, Valerie (take care!!) and friends -

I guess it will be much easier to discuss these spellings - face to face -
so if you sign, what you read and if I sign waht I read - this is fun!! -
and a very quick way to become sensitive about the major problems ...

What I am interested in the most - did you choose looking back diagonally -
or did you want to look down diagonally (smile) (last sign)

Stefan ;-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 18. Mai 2005 16:34
An: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Betreff: [sw-l] FLEMISH Translation Goldilocks Level 3

SignWriting List
May 18, 2005

Kasterlinden Bilinguaal wrote:
> I thought we made the right sign on Kasterlinden, but now I checked it
> and yes it is the left hand Stefan and Val, you're right. I have
> already corrected it ;) I also think that looking at the pages one by
> one we all can learn a great deal. Sara has already pointed out some
> small mistakes to me as well so... let's get busy ;)

Dear SW List Members, Kathleen and Sara, Stefan and Everyone!
I have had a setback with my health and I am supposed to be in bed full
time for several weeks...but then my computer is in the next room and I
can't help but peek at my email occasionally - ha!! So keep the email
coming, but I am sorry to say you will need to take more of the job on
your shoulders...Share directly with the List, and not just send me
everything, as I am limited unfortunately.

Here is the second page that Kathleen sent me...I am no great fan of
MicroSoft Word documents...I just took a screen capture of one page in
the Word document. Can you do the rest of them, Kathleen? Open your
Word document, and take a screen capture of the page you want to share
with the List. Then make that screen capture a gif, or png, or jpeg,
and then attach it to an email message and send it to the List and ask
for everyone's feedback...with or without me...

So before I turn off my computer, regarding this page...

1. Tree or forest..does the movement really move forward? It looks
good, it is just that I thought maybe the right hand stays in one place
and rotates, rather than moving forward?

2. Second sign...place the index finger closer to the C hand where the
contact is being made
The position should look as close to real life as possible and then the
movement arrow should be underneath the right handshape, since it is
the one doing the movement...The arrows drag the handshape in the
direction it is supposed to go, so in this case it will drag it down,
so the arrow has to be under the handshape to drag it down...that is
the general rule...there are exceptions, but in this case there is no
problem placing the arrow underneath the right handshape....

Look in the ASL dictionary on SignPuddle, at the ASL sign for
DISAPPEAR....for example....

Keep up the great work and I hope others will give your comments
too.... Val ;-)