[sw-l] SignWriter Tiger

Tue May 24 16:23:20 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
May 24, 2005

Daniel Noelpp in Switzerland wrote:
>  I know that there something important is missing. I think the
> possibility to move around fast with keyboard only, am I right? Or
> it is the Escape key?

Hello Daniel -
I want to thank you for the Mac version, since it makes it easier for
me to test SignWriter Tiger.

Yes. There seems to be a few things missing...The arrow keys do work
to move a symbol, but in SW Dos, when we hold down the Alt Key,
combined with the arrow keys, the symbol moves faster...and that Alt-
Arrow feature is not working in SignWriter Tiger yet...

But much more important....

In SignWriter DOS and Java, there are 5 Special Command Keys:

1. Fill Key (N key on the US keyboard)
2. Cursor Key (M key on the US keyboard)
3. Mirror Key (comma key on the US keyboard)
4. Variations Key (period key on the US keyboard)
5. Rotation Key (far right key on bottom)

All 5 keys are located in the bottom row to the far right of the
keyboard...(see diagram)

In SignWriter Tiger, the Fill Key and Rotation Key are working...
The Cursor Key, Mirror Key and Variation Key are not...

I am sure you already knew this...smile...You are doing a great job,
and congrats on getting it to the alpha testing stage...