[sw-l] SignPuddle 2.0 beta

Sat May 28 00:39:06 UTC 2005

Hello list,

I am so excited!  I have just completed the SignPuddle 2.0 beta.  There
are many improvements.
http://www.signpuddle.org/dictionary/community

But don't worry, it looks like SignPuddle 1.0, but feels better.

On each screen, there is a Help button located on the top-right.  This
opens a context sensitive help screen.  The screens are mostly bare, but
I'm working on it.

The biggest difference is the addition of spelling.  Every sign added to
a SignPuddle 2.0 dictionary must have a sign spelling.  Sign spellings
are used for sorting according to sign symbol sequence.  In SignPuddle
2.0, when signs are displayed in search results, the signs are sorted
properly.  It's a thing of beauty.  This will make it possible to create
PDF sign sorted dictionaries on the fly.

Read all about sign spellings thanks to Val:
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs2/sw0145-SignSpelling-2004.pdf

I have blank dictionary if you want to try it out.
http://www.signpuddle.org/dictionary/community

After a short break to assess where I am, I will be creating a test plan
and importing the signs from the ASL SignPuddle 1.0 dictionary.

Any feedback or reaction would be appreciated.

-Steve