[sw-l] SignWriter - feature "gloss" input method

Barbara Pennacchi barbara.pennacchi at ISTC.CNR.IT
Tue May 31 20:14:35 UTC 2005

On 31.05.05 21:28, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> Before I go offline for the day, I just want to congratulate you, Steve,
> on the new SignPuddle 2.0. It is really terrific! I hope some of our
> List members will take a look and then give Steve some feedback, on
> SignPuddle 2.0...If there is something you do not understand or like,
> tell Steve so that it can become a program you want to use...smile...
>
> SignPuddle 2.0 beta test area
> http://www.signpuddle.org/dictionary/community/puddle/Welcome.php

omigawd, it's becoming more of a real dictionary than of a "lexicary" :)
... could I use signwriting within "labels" in some future to input a
signwritten explanation of the sign? :) (starting to drool)

searching by symbols still eludes me, but an asterisk in search by words
gives me all the signs in the new SP2.0's dictionary, including my attempt
to create a decent dictionary/vocabulary entry. :)

tell me what do you think about my "use" of SP :)...

thanks!

P.S.: two more suggestions. 1) change those "labels" (haha), label 'em as
"Definition/Explanation" :) 2) it would be much easier to have multi-
lingual buttons if the content of the 5 big square buttons is separated in
text and sign, instead of smooshing 'em into 5 pics.

| Barbara Pennacchi               barbara.pennacchi (at) istc.cnr.it |
|                 Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche                 |
|         Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione          |
|       Via S. Martino della Battaglia 44, 00185 Roma, Italia        |
|                      http://www.istc.cnr.it/                       |