which difference ?

Wed Nov 2 16:23:32 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
November 2, 2005

Juliette Dalle from France wrote:

> Hello Val and french-swiss list
> Anne-Laure had translated the SW lesson into in french (thanks to
> her for the work ! smile). But the lessons aren't full because of
> new symbols (see the document attached). I wonder what is the
> difference between these pictures (black & white) ?

Hello Juliette and Everyone!
I am back on the List now...Thank you for the question above...

We do not write with those symbols you found... They are not used for
writing. That is why they are not in the Lessons textbook. You do not
need them...

Those symbols are special Location symbols used to sort dictionaries
by Sign-Symbol-Sequence...They give the computer details as to the
location of a hand, so the dictionary sorts properly (see
attached)...But when we write, we do not use them...

The hollow dot is the front of the body and the dark dot means the
back of the body, in the Expressive View...