POLAND... is this sign readable?

Wed Nov 9 23:17:16 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
November 9, 2005

Lucyna Dlugolecka wrote:
> This is the sign for MINISTER. The two fingers touch the body twice
> but it's the palm that moves, the hand doesn't.

Hello Lucyna -
Thank you for your question...smile...

First (smile)...regarding the symbols attached....we do not actually
write with these Location Symbols...they are only in the IMWA to help
us sort large dictionaries by Sign-Symbol-Sequence (SSS). Sometimes
when we set up a dictionary file to sort by SSS in SignBank, we find
that two signs are written with similar symbols, and so which one
should be put first, second or third in the dictionary? We use these
Location Symbols to tell SignBank, that each sign has a different
Location related to the body, and then the dictionary can sort by SSS
properly...So just ignore these symbols for actually writing
signs...continued next message...