axial movement - thumb vs. baby finger

Sun Nov 13 15:37:45 UTC 2005

Hi Lucy and SW-L members,

attached you find another graphic about axial movement, forearm up,
describing the curve of the thumb and/ or describing the curve of the baby
finger

The two movements are technically the same. The difference is the "feeling
of the baby finger" or the "feeling of the thumb" leading the rotation.
(chapter 8, page 3: Valerie Sutton : Lessons in SignWriting 2nd Edition)

Note: Spelling rule - ;-)

We write the movement for the thumb under the hand shape.

We write the movement for the baby finger above the hand shape.

All the best

Stefan ;-)