Make PDF button in Printer Driver on Windows XP?

Lucyna Dlugolecka deafie at GMX.NET
Thu Nov 17 19:26:48 UTC 2005

Stuart Thiessen napisaƂ(a):

> Actually, that just prints all the print codes to a file so that you
> can just send the file to the printer directly and it will print with
> all the codes that the printer needs. It is a carryover from DOS days.
> Windows does not have this particular feature of saving to PDF from
> any program ... yet. That is something that is nice and unique to Mac
> OS X.
>
> I heard a rumor that Office 12 will finally incorporate save to PDF
> functions, but that is only Microsoft Office for Windows.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stuart

I think there is such a function incorporated in OpenOffice. I owe this
offiice pack but I have never tried the function. I don't use OO for
writing, only for other purposes, and for writing I use MS Word. But I
think I have to sit down one day and learn the OO feature that allows to
make pdf files...
Lucy