NORWAY touch-and-go

Sat Nov 19 19:03:55 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
November 19, 2005

On Nov 19, 2005, at 9:06 AM, Ingvild Roald wrote:
> As I am now trying to write to the Norwegian Sign puddle, hooping
> that one day it may become a reservoir, I came across this puzzle
> (for me, that is): In the sign for 'calculate' (Norw.: 'beregne'),
> the right hand is moving its fingers alternately as it moves down
> on the left hand. Thus the fingers go 'tough' touch' touch' - and
> go. I have tried writing it using the brush symbol, but I am not
> sure. What do you think? Ingvild

Hello Ingvild and Charles!
That is wonderful, Ingvild, that you are adding to your Norwegian
SignPuddle!

I know that Charles said it is perfect, and it probably is! Certainly
I thought I could read it well, until I read your word description
above, and when I read that, I realized I had read your SignWriting
incorrectly, if we try to match your words above...

Above you mention touch-touch-touch...do you mean three contact stars
for touch? On the palm of the left hand?

This is beautifully written if you mean your fingers are alternating
in a trill while moving down across the left palm...So it is a
totally different sign than your word description ...smile...