BRAZIL tongue position inside the mouth

PAM augusto at DICIONARIOLIBRAS.COM.BR
Sat Nov 19 19:19:38 UTC 2005

Charles and Valerie,

              Obrigado em me fazer entender com meus emails to Valerie.

              Thank you to help to became understandable my emails to Valerie.
              Soon I will answer  your email and the Valerie, but i need, read and re read many times in order to understand And write and re write  to make me understand.
              Augusto

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Charles Butler
  To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
  Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 4:22 PM
  Subject: Re: [sw-l] BRAZIL tongue position inside the mouth

  I've been really swamped at work, but my hope is to get some more signs in over the next two weeks.  Its' really fun to do, and my printer is finally working again so I can put the signs in.

  Charles

  (i lost my password as an editor -- again, so I can't fix some of the older signs).

  Charles

  Valerie Suutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
    SignWriting List
    November 19, 2005

    Augusto - I just found out that you are already an Editor of the SignPuddle dictionary! That is great news ;-) So you do not have to sign up again...you have already done that ;-) Sorry for my confusion...

    Charles -
    Yes...I need to work on other projects, like getting the new upload for SignBank on the web, so we can work on your dictionary publication! So I think it would be great if Augusto and others can try to write what they need with the symbols in SignMaker in SignPuddle, and add them to the Brazilian SignPuddle themselves, even though they are only mouth movements or speech-related symbols...that can be marked as such, in the dictionary...Then, post an example to our List here and we can have fun discussing it!

    I hope you can add a few of the signs from your dictionary project into the Brazilian SignPuddle too, so that when I start teaching how to create multi-lingual dictionaries with SignBank, we can use a few examples from your dictionary document, to test it, etc...smile...

    And regarding Mouth Movements...remember looking at the work of Stefan Woehrmann...even though that is for the German spoken language mouth movements, it still is a fascinating system (Mundbildschrift) that is working with Deaf children in Germany...

    SignWriting in Germany
    http://www.SignWriting.org/germany

    Val ;-)