written PJM

Shane Gilchrist O hEorpa shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 22 08:55:14 UTC 2005

Lucy,
u need to set up posters or books in written Polish, photo'ed PJM andwritten PJM - that way it will capture the popular imagination - thereason why most people here didn't pick up SW is simply...ASL!!!
As Val said, it was started in Denmark - by a very cool lass ;-)
perhaps you can talk to Stef & Brigid about the idea of having theirbook translated into Polish & PJM?
It would be great...if something, a big mean book, printed in Polish,about PJM & SignWriting, it ll change the attitude in Poland...
Shane
On 22/11/05, Lucyna Dlugolecka <deafie at gmx.net> wrote:> Shane Gilchrist O hEorpa napisaƂ(a):>> >Lucyna,> >> >ure a star! :-)> >> >because of you, more Europeans will be aware/informed about the> >SignWriting system! :-)> >> >I ll attend the Deaf School AGM next month - and hopefully i ll get to> >become a Trustee at that agm - that way I can get Deaf Studies and> >Sign Language Studies introduced there> >> >Shane> >> >> >> I think more and more people in Poland, both the Deaf and the hearing> will know of SW as it's taught to more and more students and now a SW> course is published in Swiat Ciszy that is read by many Deaf and Deaf> educators and SL interpreters all over Poland. Plus, there will be> probably an article on SW published in one of the greatest Polish> newspapers :-).> But my dream is to involve Deaf teachers in the promotion of SW in> Poland... As for know, they find the idea of SW interesting but few of> them are interested to learn it...> Lucy>>