QUESTION SignBank- Symbol Set?

Wed Nov 23 16:15:36 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
November 23, 2005

Hello Ingvild and Everyone!
Thank you for this message...

Ingvild Roald wrote:
> Did you add our 'tiny' mouths??? to the symbolset while you were at
> it?
> I cannot write 'atom' or 'slim' or 'recent' or ... whithout it
> Sorry to bother you.

No bother at all. You are correct. That symbol has not been added yet
and I am glad you reminded me. I can put it into SignBank before I
upload it this weekend, but it will take a little time before the
symbol is in SignPuddle. I cannot add a new symbol without Steve's
help....So I will work with Steve after the Thanksgiving holiday on
that one...

And Steve...enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family...it is a
wonderful time to treasure and we do not need your help right
now...smile...

> Have a nice Thanksgiving - my daughter and son-in-law are planning
> on introducing that festival when they get back here. We have
> nothing in the fall, expet that December 13th has become the Lucia
> day, importet from Sweden some 20 ears ago. Our 'trick or treat' is
> just afdter Chirstmass, here in the Bergen area it is only on New
> Years Eve.

This is so interesting. Ingvild's daughter is married to an American,
so that is why bringing Thanksgiving to Norway is mentioned above.
That would be an amazing addition to your many holidays in Norway!

Thanksgiving is celebrated in both the US and Canada. It is connected
with the first people from Europe who moved to a new land. Here in
the US, it is specifically connected with a ship called the
Mayflower, from Europe, back in the 1600's...that landed at Plymouth
Rock, on the East Coast of the US and established a colony of people.
Times were very hard, since it was a wild country...no MacDonalds -
ha!! And no cell phones! smile...

They were hungry, and the local Indians were very nice and brought
food to share...Thanksgiving is really a harvest festival in the
Autumn, saying thanks for all our food and good fortune...It was
celebrated by different states for a long time, until President
Abraham Lincoln, in the 1800's, established it as a National Holiday.
Here in the US it is celebrated on the last Thursday in November. I
believe Canada has another day...

In the past, I have been alone on Thanksgiving, with my family on the
other side of the country, but this year is amazing...we are having a
real family feast with lots of people here...I feel really blessed -

So I will be back online on Friday - Happy Thanksgiving once again!