Send Email in SignWriting

Sun Nov 27 15:27:22 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
November 27, 2005

> Thierry Haesenne wrote:
> Here in Belgium, we are now waiting now for Saint-Nicolas on 6th of
> December to give presents to children who have been good this year.

Hello Everyone, and Thierry and Kathleen!
Yes. Kathleen told us about the Saint-Nicolas holiday, in Belgium, on
December 6th...I bet the children are all excited and waiting for
December 6th!!

Can you send us (the SignWriting List), an email message in French-
Belgian signs? Try it. I would prefer that our messages are in
SignWriting on the List whenever possible...It is my fault that we
stopped...I got lazy! But it is good for all of us to read
SignWriting everyday, no matter what Sign Language is being written...

A few months ago, I asked everyone to send email messages in
SignWriting and it was an exciting time, because it stimulated people
to add more signs to their SignPuddles, so they could send the
email...And there is no problem that your French-Belgian signs are
different and unique, because there is a place in the Comments area
at the bottom of the screen, to place a French and English
translation of what you said...(see my attached diagram)

So I hope everyone will start writing email messages in SignWriting
again...How?

1. Go to your SignPuddle and click on the SignMail icon.
2. Fill in complete email addresses to and from...no shortcut names
3. State how many signs you want per column.
4. Place your translation in the Comments area...
5. Click Preview to make sure you are happy with the message..
6. Click Send to send it to us!

I just sent a one-sentence message from your French-Belgian SignMail
program to give you a sample...Here is how my screen looked before I
sent it...