finger movements spelling rules

Thu Nov 3 02:15:41 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
November 2, 2005

> Thierry Haesenne from French-Belgium wrote:
> Yes, although I understand now how to write the finger movements, I
> still need to know how to place the finger movements especially
> when there are arrows...I think I know, but I am still unsure about
> that...

Hello Thierry, Shane, Lucyna, Stuart and Everyone!
I will be happy to discuss finger movements...Not only how they
relate to arrows, but also some of the short-writings that have been
used over the years in different countries...

Here are the diagrams of the numbers from 12-19 in Northern Ireland
Sign Language that Shane asked me about, for example..The writings
below assume knowledge of the language, and may be hard to understand
in foreign countries, but they are fast to write by hand...so I can
give you the history as to why such writing conventions developed and
we can discuss some solutions together...

See you Thursday on the List!