QUESTION...Which countries want to create their own SignBank?

Nana Dumitra nana.dumitra at SCHLOSSKLAUS.AT
Tue Nov 22 02:21:01 UTC 2005

Dear Val,
We already exchanged e-mails about this issue, but just to make sure: we
here in the Philippines want to have our own Signbank, but we will not
be able to download it, so could you please send us the CD by mail as
you offered before?
Thanks a lot,
Nana

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: Dienstag, 22. November 2005 01:58
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: [sw-l] QUESTION...Which countries want to create their own
SignBank?

SignWriting List
November 21, 2005

Ingvild Roald wrote:
> I'm looking froward to be able to utilize all the great
> possibilities that I know are just around the corner ... Ingvild

Dear SW List Members, and Ingvild -

I worked all weekend on SignBank, to add the four variations of the
10 handshape, and other symbols. The IMWA is now exactly the same in
SignPuddle and in SignBank.

I am ready to upload the new version of SignBank, so you all can
download it and start using it.

I have a question...

How many countries would like to use SignBank? to print or publish
dictionaries, sorted by Sign-Symbol-Sequence (SSS)?

I will be posting:

1. SignBank US
in English and American Sign Language

I could post an empty SignBank for:

2. SignBank NO
in Norwegian and Norwegian Sign Language

3. SignBank BE-fr
in French and French Belgian Sign Language

4. SignBank BE-nl
in Dutch and Flemish Sign Language

5. SignBank BR
in Portuguese and Brazilian Sign Language

When you download this empty SignBank, you will find the menus are in
your spoken language, and the Editor-program is waiting for you to
learn how to add the signs...I will be teaching you how to do this...

So please write to tell me if your country would like a SignBank
database -

Many thanks!!