WHAT IS YOUR SIGN FOR CHRISTMAS

Wed Nov 30 15:03:46 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
November 30, 2005

Kasterlinden Bilinguaal wrote:
> Sinterklaas isn't yet over and your starting on Christmas
> already? :s ;)

Hello Kathleen and Everyone!
Smile. We are so fortunate to know each other. It is exciting to
learn about the different holidays around the world!

Other countries do not know of the Belgian holiday, Sinterklaas, so
of course for us, the next holiday, at least here in the US, is
Christmas, or other holidays for other faiths, all sometime in
December....

So we didn't know that Sinterklaas wasn't over yet (smile)... I hope
your Belgian children really enjoy Sinterklaas!!

Somehow our US culture adopted Sinterklaas and called him Santa
Claus, and put him together with Christmas...so we must have combined
the two holidays into one. So you see, Belgium has had a wonderful
influence on our holidays here in the US...Thank you for that!

> ps: Val, we had visitors in from Mons (Wallon) today, and I gave
> them your email. And showed the site with SW-lessons in French,
> they were very impressed ;) So I think they'll be in contact ;)

This is wonderful news, Kathleen. Thank you for telling us!

Great to see how well you know the spelling rules!!

Your sign for Christmas (Kerstmis in Dutch?) is beautifully
written...In the attached I stacked the two signs together into one
sign...if it is a compound sign...not sure...I couldn't find it in
your SignPuddle yet...smile...