Amazed (Modified by Stuart Thiessen)

Wed Nov 30 19:01:39 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
November 30, 2005

Stuart Thiessen wrote:
> I didn't see Valerie's response below ...  The link you pointed me
> to is another sign for AMAZING meaning the jaw drops.  But the one
> I am using is different. The location is the same as SURPRISE, but
> the hand movement is different. Instead of the closed index and
> thumb handshape to the "L" handshape like SURPRISE, it goes from a
> fist handshape to a "5" handshape and back to a fist handshape. It
> imitates the widening of the eyes when seeing something surprising
> or amazing.

Hi Stuart -
I will try to write a few versions of this now, plus we will have a
videophone conversation in an hour? So we can confirm it then, unless
you have an iSight camera or a camera to take a video of yourself
doing it...Funny...I have an iSight camera now but I haven't set it
up yet!  Val ;-)