POLAND... help for the sign for Aniol

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 5 01:44:25 UTC 2005

YES!  I knew that there was a rub, but I wasn't sure if the movement of the circles gave the right impression.  A rub implies the bobbing of the arms and the little fingers.

THANK YOU!

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
October 4, 2005

On Oct 4, 2005, at 2:37 PM, Marc Girod & Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod wrote:
> I've been looking at the sign /ANIOL/ several time before seing the
> thumbs touching the chest... I didn't event see it at first
> glance... Val do we still have to use the same circle and then just
> add the star for contact ? or do we have to change anything about
> the movement as the thumbs keep in contact ? just wondering what to
> do in such situations ??

Personally, I think this is too much detail, but here it is written
showing the place of contact under the shoulders, but the Rub Symbols
are near the thumb lines, since that is the part of the body doing
the rubbing...

So now you have had an excellent review of the difference between
Wrist Circles, Arm Circles and Rubbing contact in a circle!
smile...Val ;-)