Summary of writing steps for SignWriting

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 7 14:14:38 UTC 2005

Scandivian sign linguists seem to prefer 'polysynthetical' verbs. But still,
the hand act as a classifier, as I understand this. So an index finger
pointing upwards and moving towards me (the signer) means 'something high
and thin approacing' and may be a person, but the sign may also be me
walking into a lamp post ...

Ingvild