Research into Digital Representations of Sign Language

Saduf Naqvi S.Naqvi at GOLD.AC.UK
Tue Oct 11 00:43:03 UTC 2005

Hi Val,

thank you for all the links, I shall be sitting with a big mug of coffee working
through them all in the morning, (its 1:30am in the UK so will be off to bed in
a bit)

I have been reading about SignWriting and it is a fascinating system, I have to
admit when looking at the notations, even without prior knowledge of the system
I can work most of them out, the visual connection is very strong and I can see
how this can translate well with the signing community.  People have spoken very
highly of it, and I believe it can be used in many places here in the UK
(further research suggestions for my work!)

I will probably write again in the morning, after I absorb some signwriting
information!

take care

Saduf

--
Miss Saduf Naqvi,
S.Naqvi at gold.ac.uk
Research Student,
Goldsmiths College - University of London,
New Cross,
London,
SE14 6NW,
020-7919-7462