Whose document is this? ;-)

Sandy Fleming sandy at SCOTSTEXT.ORG
Sun Oct 23 18:21:41 UTC 2005

Hi Val and List!

I recognised my own handwriting immediately, but only remember it
vaguely. I think this was in response to a challenge on the list to put
a given verse of some kind into SignWriting. So it's British Sign
Language and I translated it back as:

One of us shall become a monarch
And sit upon a throne of gold.
Wearing not a hat, but a crown.
Lots of diamonds shall be his/hers
A beautiful robe of gold and green
As I always understood, (s)he'll wear a feather, I wonder?
I decided (s)he definitely should

After searching the Web for "gold and green" I came across this, which
is from "Regular Royal Queen" by Gilbert and Sullivan (which explains
why it's called GandS.gif!):

    Then one of us will be a Queen,
    And sit on a golden throne,

        With a crown instead
        Of a hat on her head,

    And diamonds all her own!
With a beautiful robe of gold and green,
    I've always understood;

        I wonder whether
        She'd wear a feather?

    I rather think she should!