POLAND... sign for ANIOL

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 4 15:19:18 UTC 2005

Problem is Valerie is that the thumbs actually do touch the chest and the pinkies move in a circle while the thumbs stay in one place.  Think wings actually attached to the body.  This is the sign for Angel.

The pinkies move in a circle, it is an arm in motion, but the thumbs actually stay stuck to the chest.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
October 4, 2005

On Oct 3, 2005, at 3:13 AM, Lucyna Dlugolecka wrote:
> Please see the attached video clip with the sign for ANIOL (ANGEL)
> and then lookk at the written sign. Is it readable?
> Lucy

Hello SignWriting List!
I hope you all had a good weekend. I enjoyed having a little rest
from answering email ;-)))

But I am happy to be back too.

And thank you for this excellent video Lucyna.

This sign for ANIOL in Polish Sign Language does NOT use Wrist
Circles. In the video, the circles are from the whole arm...the wrist
joint is not doing the circle.

A Wrist Circle symbol is only used when the arm never moves, and only
the Hand moves, from the Wrist joint. So you need Arm-Circle
symbols...Here is how I would write it. No need for contact stars,
since I see no actual touching in the video. I will post information
about Circle symbols next message...

Notice in my writing, that the arrowheads in the circle are placed at
the exact spot where the hands start to move in the circle...The
arrowheads are always placed where the circle begins....see attached