POLAND... sign for ANIOL

Tue Oct 4 19:23:26 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
October 4, 2005

Lucyna -
Wrist circles are NOT correct for this sign. Your sign will be mis-
read around the world. If you want people to read the whole arm
making a circle, then you MUST use Arm Circles, and NOT wrist circles...

Wrist circles are wrong here, because a wrist circle tells the reader
to keep the arms still, and move only the hands in a
circle...Regarding the other details of the sign...I will leave that
to you. I think it is unnecessary to write so much detail, like
contact, if the sign can be done without the contact, and I did not
see the person in the video touch...but that is your choice...but
when it comes to the definition of Wrist Circles and Arm Circles,
that is NOT your choice...because it forces the arms to stay still
and you do not want that...

When I am writing a letter to a friend in ASL, I try not to write too
much detail for everyday use...it is a lot of work...there are
different theories on this...but I am just explaining why I choose
less detail for everyday use...

No matter what, please change the circles. No need to discuss this
sign again...Val ;-)