Research into Digital Representations of Sign Language

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM
Mon Oct 10 22:45:22 UTC 2005

Hi Saduf,

I'm based in North West London. My interest in SignWriting is the
transcription (and analysis) of signed languages --- specifically to
support my own learning of BSL. But also interested in SignWriting for
recording extended dialogues though that requires having a good enough
grasp of SW first. Also some interest in areas that your research covers
having worked as a computing scientist for 30 years before switching
career.

Members not located in Britain might not understand the Levels we talk
about. (They are the formal qualifications we can acquire. Levels 1 and 2
are by examination. Levels 3 and 4 are by portfolio. Interpreters need
Level 4 in both BSL and Interpreting before they can formally register.)
I'm working on my Level 3 portfolio at the moment. Hoping to submit some
time this academic year.

I have taken a year off from the Deaf Studies degree at Middlesex
University/CityLit to improve my BSL skills before completing my final
year. Currently working as a Communication Support Worker in local
colleges. If this year out is successful then I hope to work on my Level 4
portfolio in parallel with my degree.

> Thankyou,
>
> where are you based? It would be great to know what you have been investigating?
>
> take care
>
> Saduf
>
> Quoting Trevor Jenkins <trevor.jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM>:
>
> > Saduf welcome to the list.
> >
> > Great to have another BSL user investigating SignWriting.
> >
> > Regards, Trevor
> >
> > <>< Re: deemed!

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!