tongue-between-teeth in ASL

Kimberley A. Shaw kshaw at WELLESLEY.EDU
Tue Oct 11 16:31:26 UTC 2005

Hm -- I think that "tongue resting under upper teeth" feels more accurate
to me, as I reproduce the sign I'm trying to write. So I'll use that one!
>From what I understand of the descriptions online of the tongue symbols on
the left, none of them *quite* describe what I'm after ... as the tongue
is definitely *held* between the teeth, not just happening to be between
them.
Thank you for the advice! I'll be updating the ASL entry in "Puddle" for
"obsess" accordingly.
Best,
Kim

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 10:19 AM