SOFTWARE development, symbolsets

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Mon Oct 17 16:13:22 UTC 2005

Actually, Valerie, a simpler interim solution (until SW-Edit
programming is revived) is to do the symbol mapping that Steve
mentioned and use XSLT to transform a SW-Edit SWML to something that
SignPuddle can use.  That will take time but not as much as
reprogramming for IMWA.

Besides, we need to be able to migrate SW-Edit files anyway to IMWA at
some point. We can't expect everyone to re-enter data when programs
change. That tends to block people from using any program because they
are afraid their data won't transfer to the next version.

Thanks,

Stuart