PHILIPPINES SignBank Questions

Wed Oct 19 19:14:14 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
October 19, 2005

> Marian Dumitra from the Philippines wrote:
> It is my privileged to write to you all. My name is Marian Dumitra
> the husband of Nana Dumitra which all you know her form the list.
> Many time I read your letters and some time enjoy it. But now I
> come to you to ask for help. maybe sound crazy but I want to
> try....I install SignBank in my computer. I want to use it but I
> can't. In SW dos we can't save de dictionary. now all our computer
> are updated with XP. I want to be able to save the dictionary this
> is my 4th time to write again the dictionary. I decided to try
> again with Sign bank. What can I do to create the Philippines
> dictionary in Sign Bank and to put signs inside. I try everything
> what I was thinking but I failed. Please my knowledge about
> computer are very basic. that mean you have to write at the level 1
> grade computer class. Not college computer class Thank you very
> much for your help. May the Lord bless you. Marian Dumitra

Hello Marian, Nana and Everyone!
Happy to meet you through email, Marian. And thanks for this question
about using SignBank.

SignBank does not work in DOS. It is a program designed for modern
operating systems. Here are the operating systems it works in:

Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000 or XP
Macintosh OS 9 and Macintosh OS X

This means that SignBank is not able to automatically load old
dictionary files from SignWriter DOS. The two programs are not
compatible.

SignBank works with SignPuddle on the web.

We use SignPuddle to create the signs, that are then easily
transferred into SignBank.

So Nana's SignPuddle dictionary can be used in SignBank, but not the
SignWriter DOS dictionary...

Do you want to learn how to add SignPuddle signs into SignBank?