Signs for different countries

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Oct 28 11:00:58 UTC 2005

Hector, I met you at Deaf Way II.  This is Charles Butler.  Your map is excellent.  I need to go back through my notes and do an equivalent for Brazil.

I wonder if someone has done anything like it for the USA.  Much of what I have seen has been fingerspelling, though some cities like Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Baltimore, and Washington DC have their own signs.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
October 27, 2005

Thierry Haesenne wrote:
> I am currently drawing a SignWriting database for different
> countries in the world...
Hello Thierry!
Yes. I see that you have been very busy, adding over 360 signs since
yesterday into the French-Belgian SignPuddle - wow!

Thought you would like to see a small portion of a remarkable map,
with all the states in the country of Colombia written in SignWriting
by Hector Devia. Hector, we love this map!! This is only the bottom
portion of it. I hope to post it on the web full size, which is quite
large. But it would be fun to see a map of Europe with sign-names for
countries written in SignWriting too... Val ;-)