Signs for different countries

Anne-Claude Pr=?ISO-8859-1?B?6Q==?=laz Girod acpg at VTXNET.CH
Sat Oct 29 19:03:42 UTC 2005

it's a big chance to can copy from one dictionnary to another one... so it's
great if you could use some of the swiss french dictionnary.... (you're not
stealing anything but saving some time!!!)

that's for what they are supposed to be...

Anny
(A-Claude)

De : "Thierry Haesenne" <thierry.haesenne at ilmh.be>
Répondre à : sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Date : Fri, 28 Oct 2005 02:01:21 +0200 (CEST)
À : SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Objet : [sw-l] Signs for different countries

Hello everyone,

I am currently drawing a Sign Writing database for different countries in
the world... I still need some signs, and apart from those I could find on
the Sign Puddles, I cannot find :

Europe : Lietchenstein, San Marino, Macedonia

Asia : Tadjikistan, Kyrgizstan, Mongolia, Chechnya, Georgia, Azerbaijan

Americas : Salvador, Jamaica

Middle-East : Yemen, Oman, Bahrein, United Arab Emirates (Dubai, Abu Dhabi,
Ras-al-Fujairah, etc.),

Africa : Libya +  the Black African countries, ie : Niger, Nigeria, Mali,
Botswana,  Senegal, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Guinea,
Swaziland, Mozambique, Namibia, etc.

It would be better if the signs were the national signs used in these
countries, if you happen to know them...

I will put all the country signs on the French Belgian Sign Puddle when I
get some time to do it... For those who are interested, I managed to get :
Qatar, Bhutan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Iran, etc. thanks to my
travelling... Some signs that will be on the Sign Puddle will be the signs
used in French-speaking Belgium and not those used in these countries...

So far, I have imported all the relevant signs from the Flemish, French and
French-Swiss Sign Puddles. Hope their authors don't feel that I have been
stealing their hard work!!!  Now, I have to put all the signs that Bruno and
myself created over the last few weeks (about 1200 more signs to be added
soon...)

Thanks a lot,

Thierry

This email was sent using NutsMail.com.