signed by index fingers.

Sat Sep 3 17:24:23 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 3, 2005

> Stefan wrote: I see Valerie has written a different sign! It is not
> the same sign! Stefan thought about 4 possibilities to write the
> same sign in four different spellings. The reason is to improve
> reading skills in SW. Learning is fun! (sign index fingers hooked -
> variations

Hello Stefan and Everyone!
Sorry that my SignWriting email was not clear...I guess that is no
surprise! My German is poor, plus I didn't know how to attach a
diagram to a SignWriting email message - ha!

I just wanted to share one thing. Years ago we wrote the sign for
FRIEND in ASL in a certain way, and recently we learned that we could
write it differently and people understood it too...See the attached
diagram:...so hooking index fingers can be written in different
ways...that was all I was trying to say! ;-))