Private message...

Sun Sep 4 22:26:34 UTC 2005

Hello Stefan!
I just have to tell you how I feel ---ok?! Just to show you how it
feels to be in my postion...

so read this with a smile...

Val feels regarding the 10 hanshape:

Yes. I regret it too, but I also regret that you did not inform me
when you made the change to the SignWriter DOS symbolset! You changed
the symbol by constructing the symbol, and then just assumed that
others had that construction, when they did not...

And you keep saying that you love SignWriter DOS...but you were not
using the real DOS symbolset because you had constructed symbols that
were not in the original DOS symbolset...so anyone using SignWriter
Python is using the old symbols that you do not like!

Just because we discussed this five years ago, does not mean we
decided to change the symbol officially in all those computer
programs...there was no official decision for change that I remember...

You never told me you were writing differently, until well after your
book went to press...so you have to realize that when you make
changes, you have to inform me well in advance...and that goes for
anyone, including the Parkhursts...just because they publish
something does not mean that they had informed me! Which of course is
quite stressful, although I have lived with this problem for 30
years...and that is ok...it means that we have a living writing
system and that is wonderful...

I am happy to make changes to the writing system, but everytime you
make changes without informing me, I am the one stuck teaching the
old way...and that is not fair either!

I know you care about me, and you care about SignWriting...and we are
team members...but as a team, I need to be told when you jump and
make changes...

let's keep this private please -

regarding photos - I am not able to take photos like you - I have
never used a camera in my life - maybe I have to learn, but to be
frank with you, there are times when I do not want to continue I am
so tired...so I do not have your energy..so I make no promises
regarding taking photos...and I cannot even imagine what you are
doing...you have to show me visually someday without explaining it in
words...

OK. So I will make changes to the IMWA when I can - Thanks for
informing me about your feelings...

Many blessings with all your work -

Val ;-)