POLAND... Antarktyda again, plus 10 hand issues...

Sat Sep 10 04:54:04 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 9, 2005

On Sep 9, 2005, at 9:33 PM, Charles Butler wrote:
> How's this?  It sort of sidesteps the issue, but the hands don't
> collide with each other.  It's expressive, but from above.

Hello Charles and Everyone -
Thank you for these ideas, Charles. I appreciate it. Actually I don't
feel there is any problem writing the sign from the Expressive View.
Right now I want to make sure that we are not mixing Receptive with
Expressive. At least then the arrows will be correct...I don't think
that the overhead view is needed...We can read the ASL sign for NOT
with no problem, so it is similar to that one...

I want to complete the new version of the 10 handshape before we
discuss this sign any further...the symbol will change enough that we
will have to re-visit this sign anyway, so let me get back to that
job, so that we have something to discuss!

Many thanks for your input -