a dialogue

Wed Sep 14 15:13:26 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 14, 2005

---------------------

> Older Message...September 7, 2005
> Of course, if the problem is how to transcribe a dialogue between two
> physical persons, not to transcribe the signed rendereing of this
> dialogue, the problem may be a bit larger, and the use of names and
> colon
> might help. But still I think a more full useof the coloumn feature
> would
> be good.
> Ingvild

Hello Ingvild and Everyone!
Many thanks for this writing of eyegaze...Yes I read it and it is
written clearly! And I can see that the writing points to someone
over to the right and then the eyegaze follows to that spot while
signing...this is fine! We do not need the video, or for you to re-
write it at all...

As you know, Antonio Carlos was talking about the difference between
a narrative or storytelling, and a real dialogue between two physical
persons, as you said in your email above on September 7...two
physical persons is a great way to describe it...smile...

So writing the dialogue between two physical persons is what I will
try to write in November here on the List...I really liked your ideas
of using vertical columns for common reference points, Ingvild...many
thanks for that! And eyegaze is a big part of it ...you are right

And meanwhile, I wonder what happens to the third billy
goat?...smile...Hope he survives the troll!  Val ;-)