Belgium: Kempen

Mon Sep 19 17:31:18 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 19, 2005

> Kasterlinden Bilinguaal wrote:
> so the arrow I wrote is correct? But I have to move the contact
> closer..greetings Kathleen

Hello Kathleen, Sara, Kristof and everyone!
I am so happy for these questions ;-))

Of course I have not seen a video or photos of this sign, so we risk
the danger that it might not be correct, because I have never seen
the sign. Do you have a video clip or photos to show us?

Meanwhile, this is the word description of the sign attached below:

1. The hand is in a K handshape with the palm facing the reader, and
the middle finger touches the right side of the forehead.
2. The hand then rotates in a curve forward and then side right, but
it does not travel or leave the head very far. It rotates staying in
one place, or at least very close to the place of contact.

Do you want the hand to stay near the place of contact? Because the
rotation symbol in this sign means that there is no traveling
motion...the hand stays very close to the head and rotates forward
and right, but it does not travel...

So write again to tell me if you want it to travel? That is written
differently...

Plus notice that the arrow is placed above the hand rather than below
it... smile... placement of arrow is another tiny rule we can discuss...

Congrats on all you are accomplishing in Flanders!  Val ;-)