SignWriting in Prague and Warsaw!

Sat Sep 3 15:05:18 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 3, 2005

Lucyna Dlugolecka wrote:
> Yes, we had great two meetings, with Tomas and two Deaf friends of
> Honza. I find the two-hand Czech fingerspelling exotic :-)). It
> looks really interesting... The Czech and Polish Sign Language have
> much in common although there are some funny differencies... And
> Prague is really beautiful! I did not plan to visit it, we had to
> meet in Brno, another Czech city closer to Slovakia but due to some
> misunderstanding (my mobile prepaid card run out of money and I
> could not reply to Honza's SMS until I reloaded the card via the
> web; I didn't know Slovak mobile phone operators were so
> expensive!) I went to Brno and Honza didn't, so I took a very good
> and fast bus to Prague and so we met :-)). I will write about the
> PJM camp in Slovakia in another mail. Now I'm back in Warsaw.

Wow! SignWriting being discussed in Prague! It sounds so romantic. I
always think of Prague as a center for art and ballet! And I keep
thinking of the bookstore in Warsaw with computers too! Are you still
writing from the bookstore, Lucyna?

I am so amazed and happy about all this...I am glad that SignWriting
is useful to you in Poland and the Czech Republic...

And you should feel very good about the hard work you have already
done...your SignPuddles are building, so there is much we can talk
about!

Maybe sending email to your friends in SignWriting will spread the
idea faster...I hope to do the same here in the US with my friends
now...it will be interesting to see how they react! Most Americans
don't know this even exists...