PJM and SW camp in Slovakia

Sat Sep 3 19:36:11 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 3, 2005

On Sep 3, 2005, at 11:19 AM, Lucyna Dlugolecka wrote:
> During one workshop there were an exciting discussion about writing
> signs. The students noticed that the Deaf sign the same signs
> differently. For example, the sign for HEARING is signed with the
> index finger bent or straight. The students argued there should be
> special rules established so that each sign has one signed and
> written version. I didn't agree but that all were new to them and
> the students (especially the beginners) could not understand that
> there were so many variation of a PJM sign.

Hello Lucyna!
Thanks for this excellent report. I am so amazed and happy about
this! It would be nice to post your report about the Symposium on our
web site later, with your permission ;-)

.... And also, your report in this message, about the camp in
Slovakia, is excellent, and if you want to prepare it for a web
posting, I could also post this information about your camp in
Slovakia. It is my understanding that Slovakia is neither Poland nor
the Czech Republic, so do I need to start a new country web area for
Slovakian Sign Language?..smile...Or we could post your report on the
Czech or Polish sites...

Is Slovakian Sign Language a separate Sign Language from Czech Sign
Language?...smile...I bet it is! Maybe someday we will need a
Slovakian SignPuddle...Val ;-)