POLAND... the spelling of Antarktyda

Sun Sep 4 17:07:35 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 4, 2005

  Lucyna Dlugolecka wrote:
> After the meetings in Brussels and Oscadnica, Slovakia I realized
> there are many errors in the Polish SignPuddle and now I want to do
> some corrections. Antarktyda is the case I have doubts about. Can
> you read it?

Hello Lucyna and Everyone!
I am so happy that you are posting signs for us to read...Thank you!
And I hope others will too...Questions are always welcome ;-)

My lessons are not perfect. There are so many new symbols in the IMWA
that have not been documented well. And there are also SignSpelling
Rules that were established back in the 1980's, with the skilled
signwriters of our Deaf Action Committee (DAC), that never got
documented properly too....

So this is a great help to me...because as I explain why we write
this way or that way, I can hopefully also prepare E-Lessons on the
web that will document the discussion...

And there is nothing to worry about...Because you write very well,
Lucyna...These are details that are necessary to learn, but over
time, they become clear anyway...smile...

So I would write your sign differently based on a SignSpelling rule
called "Always Write The Position of Contact"....

E-Lesson
Always Write The Position of Contact
http://signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less063.html

Let me prepare a lesson based on this, and I will post it to the List