NORWAY Writing Tense Lips With Tongue

Sun Sep 4 22:54:56 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 4, 2005

NORWEGIAN SIGN LANGUAGE Mouth and Tongue

Ingvild asked me, several weeks ago, to discuss a way to write the
following two mouth positions...

1. A tense mouth, with the tongue protruding a tiny bit in the center
of the tense lips.
2. The same, but the tongue is to the side of the mouth instead of in
the center.

I asked Ingvild for photos, and Ingvild sent me these excellent
photos. Many thanks...they help a lot.

In my next message, I will try to write these positions...If anyone
on the List has some ideas, please write them for us too...I am
interested in your ideas...we may have to develop new symbols...I am
not sure yet...smile... Val ;-)