SignWriting in Mobile phones with questions and user manual

Fri Sep 9 15:18:45 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 9, 2005

Dear SW List Members:
Aisha Shamsuna Ahmed has been trying to send this message to the List
several times, but large attachments kept the message from being
posted to the List. The List cannot distribute large attachments to
all the members of the List...it takes too much memory...So I have
now placed Aisha's attachment on our web site temporarily, so that
you all can download it by clicking on this link:

http://www.SignWriting.org/downloads/SignWriting4MobilePhones.zip

Please download it and read it and also read the important message
below...I bet it is interesting!!

And thank you, Aisha, for your hard work and dedication to creating
mobile phones with SignWriting!

Val ;-)

------------

from indo_aa1 at lycos.com

Hi Valerie and Everyone on the SignWriting List,

Thanks Val for your email, it was really frustrating sending out
this email so many times.

With respect to the subject of the email,I have developed a
prototype of an interface for writing and reading messages in sign
writing for mobile phones. It is based on ASL. I chose ASL just to
give an idea of how it would look if you could write messages using
sign writing with a mobile phone.

I developed it based on the Sign Puddle translate feature developed
by Steve Slevinski which is used for SignMail. That is, you type a
gloss text and preview the images. Please note that the aim of the
prototype is to show that any mobile phone can be equipped with an
additional sign messaging function, it is not depicting a mobile
phone specifically for signwriting

To clarify how to use the prototype, do the following:
Use the buttons underneath the Menu and Names text, and the arrow
buttons for navigating the menu. The Send, Clear and the number
buttons are only there to give the appearance of an actual mobile
phone.
In a subsequent email, I have attached a png image describing the
above steps in more detail. (It is titled: User Manual for the
prototype)

I would really appreciate it if you could spend a few mins looking
at the prototype (SignWriting 4 mobile phones.zip, extract the file
and run the SignWriting 4 mobile phones.exe file) and afterwards
responding to the questions in the subsequent email.  You could
send a reply to the questions to me (kcx4aas at nottingham.edu.my) as
soon as possible. Please don't hesitate to make any comments or any
suggestions. Please I do hope you can send a response because I
really need answers to the questionsto complete my research. It's
pretty urgent now.

Thanks a lot,
Kind Regards,
Aisha Shamsuna Ahmed
indo_aa1 at lycos.com
The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus

PS
Valerie, please if these emails still don't get to the list, could
you forward them directly to at least 10 people who could respond and
mail
them back to me (kcx4aas at nottingham.edu.my). The prototype is over
400kb so I doubt if it will still get to the list. Thanks I really
appreciate this.