a dialogue

Tue Sep 13 22:26:56 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 13, 2005

Ingvild Roald from Norway wrote:
> This is the end of the story of the three billy-goats going to
> fatten themselves in the mountains. They have to cross a bridge,
> and there is a big Troll under the bridge. The small billy-goat
> comes first, and persuades the troll to let him go and wait for his
> bigger and fatter brother. Then the middle billy-goat comes along,
> making the troll angry for trampling on the brigde and wanting to
> eat him - but this billy-goat too persuaes the troll to wait for
> the next, fatter brother.
>
> The part that is written is when the third - and big- billy-goat
> comes along, trampling. The dialogue then is beween this largest
> billy-goat on the bridge and the troll underneath the bridge. The
> sign that means 'troll' looks a bit like 'elephant'. It is written
> horizontally.
>
> I am sorry for the graphics, I wrote this a while ago in SW-DOS,
> transferred it to SW- Java, and then made a screen capture which I
> had to fix with first one and then a second graphics program ...
>
> Ingvild

--------------------------------

Hello Ingvild!
This is very exciting. Do not worry about the graphics. We can always
re-do the actual SignWriting, either with SignWriter Java or
SignPuddle, which both use the better-looking graphics (better than
SW-DOS). Or perhaps even with True-Type fonts...if you have some to
use...

Actually, I am having a great time using SignPuddle to compose
SignWriting sentences now...I can share that with you later...

Do you have the corresponding video that we could look at? That would
help us understand where the dialogue is...It would be good to use
vertical columns I think...don't you?

As you know, I am hoping to focus on writing dialogues in November,
so this will be a good one...the Troll sounds really mean though ;-(