FRANCE Sign for Etudiant

Juliette Dalle july.tigre at FREE.FR
Fri Sep 16 12:58:06 UTC 2005

Hello Val

I'm back !...

(I don't find your last mail, replied at mine, I lost it... :-(..).

I see that there is a little confusion about the sign' s
interpretation. Indeed, I recharch one symbol for a sign "Deaf Student
association of  31" (it is a name of association), not of sign
"student".... For the sign student, it more different about position.
That's why I should better to delete the sign which you put on the
french dictionnary.. (sorry... :-S).

In France, we don't like to write the 2 different configurations of
hand (depature and end of movement), it is a bit long to read and to
write. I have done an exprience with my students, I have written 2
different signs of the same signification. The children chose the
simple.. Because of clear and practical to read and to write a SW text
(remember, I don't use only SW vocabulary but too some SW texts in LSF
lesson). But, it is always good (not mistake), to be used as SW
vocabulary.

Take care

Juliette Dalle