NORWAY Writing Tense Lips With Tongue

Mon Sep 19 15:02:45 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 19, 2005

On Sep 19, 2005, at 2:51 AM, Ingvild Roald wrote:
> as the upper lip is not pushed up (rather, it is a little bit down
> because of the tension), I would prefer the first ones. On the
> other hand, the second ones may be easier to write by hand? But
> both are fine with me, we just have to have some symbols, as these
> are essential in NTS (=NSL)

Hi Ingvild and Everyone -
I think both are easy to write by hand. And the first one looks more
like what you want, so I suggest we stick to the definitions in the
attached diagram for right now.

Usually symbols have to be used by several people for a period of
time before we can be sure that they are working...so keep us
informed on how Norwegian signers react to those symbols...You can
show them both, to see what they would choose.

Thanks for your input -

We look forward to hear more about your work in Norway!  Val ;-)