USA projects using SignWriting?

Mon Sep 19 19:15:26 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 19, 2005

Dear SW List...
Bill Reese has been kind enough to update our US map of red dots,
showing some areas that use SignWriting. Thank you, Bill!

Individuals use SignWriting all over the US because they have access
to the internet, so it is hard for us to really know how much it is
used, but these red dots represent some projects that have been in
contact with us in some way...in the past two years or so...

if we had red dots for the past 30 years, the map would be filled
with red dots...so projects wax and wane...

These red dots show:

1. La Jolla, California
2. Northridge, Califiornia
3. Sacramento, California
4. Albuquerque, New Mexico
5. Las Cruces, New Mexico
6. Des Moines, Iowa
7. Grand Forks, North Dakota
8. St. Claire Shores, Michigan
9. Portland, Maine
10. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
11. Washington DC and Maryland area

What about New York State, for NTID in Rochester? They are still
publishing Technical Signs Manuals using SignWriting
symbols...amazing since that project started in 1979, and they are
still publishing in 2005!  Val ;-)