BELGIUM Movement Arrow Placement

Sat Sep 24 15:34:08 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 24, 2005

Kasterlinden Bilingual school in Belgium wrote:
>> Yes, please tell me why the arrow is in front of the handshape?
>> Sometimes it's not very clear to me where I have to place these
>> when constructing a sign. :s

SignSpelling Rule: formerly called SPATIAL RELATIONSHIPS

...I think a better name is...

THE BEGINNING POSITION OF A SIGN IS THE CENTER OF THE SIGN...

1. Every sign has a CENTER, like a little Universe (the SUN is the
center and the planets rotate around it ;-)

2. The BEGINNING position of the sign establishes the CENTER of the
sign.

3. Then the Movement Symbols relate to that CENTER, like the planets
rotating around the sun.
ATTACHED is an example. Next message I will show you your signs from
Belgium following this rule...