NEW 10 HANDSHAPE in SignPuddle!

Sat Sep 24 21:23:11 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
September 24, 2005

HOW TO UPDATE YOUR 10-HAND SIGNS, Part 4

6. The new symbol is easy for newcomers, because it works exactly
like the L handshape...So the Palm Facing rules are consistent and
logical. For oldcomers like me (smile), who are fluent ASL readers,
it is harder. Logic has nothing to do with it...We memorized the way
the signs looked, so now we have to change our own mental image of
how some of these older signs look...See the sign for PERFORM in ASL
attached...